Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Long time no see...

Ermm, it has been quite a long time since I last made an entry. More than a month it seems. But I was all but quiet all this time. I did do quite a lot of things, yet time I was not privileged with to make my entry. It was rather difficult so it seemed, as time went by very quickly and I was either busy studying, or busy wasting my time with something else =) Now that I have got some free time, I feel obligated to fill something into this thing so that nothing will be missing from the tin can that is my mind.


Eid celebration this year was a blast. I and a group of friends went to watch my first ever EPL match between Aston Villa and Liverpool. Though not a fan of Villa, my hatred towards the ever lucky Liverpool made me grunt with disappointment of Villa’s undeserving lost that day. The next day (Sunday), 143 Cromwell Road had it first ever Open-House. Although a bit tiring especially after the long journey from Birmingham, it was really good. Lots of foods and friends. Last Saturday, BrIsoc organized a rather awesome Eid Event, involving famous artists such as Abig Baig, Shaam et al. First time ever in Bristol. All in all, it was a very joyful Eid, despite the sad fact that my family was not here to be with me.

As a matter of fact, the thing I miss most about Eid tis year is them, my family. Food, no worries whatsoever. Friends, (in a sense) replacable =) 'Takbir raya', did miss a bit but still quite ok.. But family, duh... Everyday would be Eid day if they can be here with me. Rather impossible though.

I also started doing my Student Selected Component a month ago. I'm doing Japanese Ab Initio. Yeahh. Japanese Language. Cool huh? Well, it is cool so far. Am going make a list of phrases and words afterwards. And I am also doing another SSC project, a research really, entitled "The role of chondrocyte apoptosis in the degradation of articular cartilage and osteoarthritis development." So much to do, so little time, yet play I still not a sign of regret it seems =)

Clinical week last week was really awesome. I think I getting grip of the things that I need to know, and do, as a doctor. I hope oneday, I shall be able to legibly call myself Mr. Diagnosis =) So far, alhamdulillah, I think I'm on the right track. Only a pinch of problem in dealing with history taking. Duh, haywire. But as the golden rule says,

"Management depends on diagnosis,
diagnosis depends on history, examination and special investigations."

Rather tedious...

But, rules are rules...

And 'some' rules are not meant to be broken...

And speaking of rules, this is one rule I broke almost every week. Jumaah prayer, only once the proper way since I came back to UK 2 months ago. A rather intriguing fact. Mendokse...

No comments: