Saturday, September 22, 2007

Paul

Today during Iftar and Tarawih, I met Paul, 16 years old secondary school student who fell in love with Islam after reading about Islam the Da Vinci code a year ago... Well not Da Vinci code itself, but stemmed from reading that book, he went on a path of discovery that lead him from a gospel to online materials about Islam...

Amazingly, he didn't speak to any Muslim before he reverted. He said shahadah without anyone around... alone yet so not alone at heart. And he did keep it as a secret initially, although later he told his mother whom understandably a bit less enthusiastic with the news.

But his mother's cool now, apparently...

I didn't get to speak to Paul much today, credit to my 'suspicions' and the fact that he was pretty much learning all the time between Iftar and Tarawih, from the Quran to various other discussions (that I managed to eavesdrop on)... He was excitable like any other typical teenagers, except the issue that he is excitable to...

Next time I see him, I'm determined to interview him.... Insha Allah...




It's amazing how Allah grant his hidayah to those he chose to give... subhanallah...

No comments: