Saturday, March 07, 2009

Intentions

In an echo to my last connotation in this self e-reflection site, I remembered something else that happened at Uhud.

The following is an excerpt from The Sealed Nectar

"Qazman, who was found among the wounded, fought heroically,and killed seven or eight idolaters. He was weakened by the wounds he sustained, they carried him to the locality of Bani Zufr. The Muslims gave him glad tidings of the Paradise. But he said: "By Allah I have fought out of passion my people. Had it not been for that I would have never fought." When his wounds worsened he committed suicide.

Allah's Messenger S.A.W had already said whenever he was mentioned to him: "He is an inhabitant of Fire." This is the end of those who fight for a national cause or in a way other than that of raising up the Word of Allah, though they fought under the banner of Islam or even in the army of Allah's Messenger S.A.W or of his Companions."

Having finished directly copying that piece from my beloved book, I remembered the people marching yesterday. Careful mateys... always check your niyyahs - be it whilst parading, whilst studying, whilst working or whilst blogging :)

P/S - not accusing anyone of anything; as most times, just a gentle self-reminder :)

No comments: