Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Reversion...alhamdulillah...

Alhamdulillah... summa alhamdulillah... summa alhamdulillah...

A few things happened since the last time I officially went online i.e. in Malaysia.. The bestest of things was the reversion of my anatomy group-mate into Islam. Alhamdulillah.. All praise be to Allah...
On the first day of the new term, she suddenly annouce (not openly but to a group of friends of mine) that she has reverted to Islam. Firstly I thought she was joking. But seeing the calmness yet seriousness and integrity in her eyes, I knew she wasn't playing a fool. Anyhow, alhamdulillah...
She's coping quite well to my surprise. She managed to fast through each day of Ramadhan so far, from what she told me that is. Still finding it a bit difficult to memorize the daily prayer, but she's learning at really quick rate. A few days ago she told me that she has started reading the Quran using the phonetics in English alphabets (or rather in Latin alphabets, but the letters are the same though some of them are of different sound). I taught her some Arabic alphabets, for the sake of filling untimingly and unnecessary recess time while we were at Frenchay Hospital. But the enthusiasm she showed impressed me quite a lot.
She told me that she need no convincing. She read a few books on Islam and she decided that this is it. Even from the very first day of my gruelingly torture-filled first year of medicine in Bristol, she mentioned that she was a bit suspicious of the Nasara faith that she was on.
Again, alhamdulillah, praise be to Allah for His light and blessings that shower upon her. May she became a good, no, a very good Muslimah for the rest of her life. Ameen.
P/S - by reversion, I was referring to a hadeeth narrated by Abu Huraira r.a. :
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle was asked about the offspring of the pagans. He said, "Allah knows what they would have done (were they to live)."

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "No child is born but has the Islamic Faith, but its parents turn it into a Jew or a Christian. It is as you help the animals give birth. Do you find among their offspring a mutilated one before you mutilate them yourself?" The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! What do you think about those (of them) who die young?" The Prophet said, "Allah knows what they would have done (were they to live)."

No comments: